Uncle's Rant

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Celebrity Gaffers


It's been a while since my last post and for that I appologise and my only excuse is that it took a while to find a certain picture I needed to make my point, and after all that I still didn't find what I wanted.

Yes that's right folks, today I'm having a dig at Charlotte Church.

Not at her music, on the contrary I'm not a fan but I believe she has made a very difficult leap between her styles of music reasonably successfully.

Not at her hyper-celeb lifestyle either, the press handle that one well enough.

I would like to concentrate on her video for her latest song - "Call My Name".

Now I did try and get a screen grab from the video on her website which can be seen here- Call My Name, but ufortunately it was impossible hence the mock-up you see in this post as an example.

Just what the heck is going on with the lighting when she is dancing around with the dancers, she's only lit from the tits up! The other dancers are lit correctly so what on earth is going on.

I deduce it's one of 3 things:-

1. Her own people looked at the shot and whispered to the DP - "Charlotte's looking a little chunky can we mask it off a bit?"

2. Charlotte herself was feeling a little vulnerable in that skimpy outfit and she insisted on not going in front of the camera without help from the lighting department.

3. Or maybe it was just it a gaffer who took it upon themselves to light her that way whilst nobody was looking..."You know what, this shot would look really good if Charlotte was only lit from the tits up"

Whichever one it is, I say it's bloody rude.

If it is Charlotte that was feeling self aware, I say to her don't be ashamed of what you have to offer under the udders, don't go hiding it in the shadows, skinny celebs should be the ones doing that, instead set it free for the world to admire.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Counters
Dialup Internet